Airside Drivers Course
This course will provide vehicle operators with the necessary knowledge and skills required to safely drive on the airside in accordance with ICAO ANNEX 14 and Nig. CARs
On completion of the training, participants will:
- Understand the key concepts and regulations related to airside driving operations.
- Learn the responsibilities of airside drivers and their role in ensuring safety and security.
- Identify airside zones, vehicle types, and associated markings and signage.
- Develop proficiency in safe airside driving techniques and principles.
- Comprehend the importance of effective communication and radio procedures.
- Enhance awareness of wildlife hazards and how to report and mitigate them.
- Familiarize participants with emergency response procedures on the airside.
- Importance of Safe Airside Driving
- General Information
- Airside Drivers Responsibilities
- Airside and Landside
- Airside Regulations and Compliance
- Airside Vehicle Types
- Authorized Vehicles
- Vehicle Escort
- Air Operations Area Ground Vehicle Operations
- Airside Vehicle Inspection
- Air Operations Area
- Airport Signs and Markings
- Radio Communication
- Communication Procedures
- Navigation on the Movement Area
- Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF) Procedures
- Best Management Practices
- Safe Speed and Distance
- Wildlife Hazard Management for Airside Drivers
- Emergency Procedures
- Security for Airside Drivers
- Random Alcohol Test
- Eye Test
- Commitment to Safe Airside Driving